Game Discussion: ArcaniA: Gothic 4

Master Chef achievement obtainable!!!! No Joke!!!

• Kasper4000Kasper4000679,303
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 00:53
    I have a guide on TA on how I did it just so everybody knows!!!!
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,583,064
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 02:41
    Hum. Geek didn't unlock though? Can they get anything right laugh I think I'll wait to see if anyone can get geek to unlock before I bother with it again.
    Posted on 06 September 15 at 04:57
    No, Geek didn't unlock so it is either unobtainable or it may have not unlocked because I had Master Chef as my last achievement. I have a friend playing the game right now and he has another achievement besides Master Chef and Geek as his last one unlike me. He is going for the Master Chef first, then he is going to try to see if the Hardest difficulty achievement will force the Geek achievement to pop up.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,583,064
    Posted on 06 September 15 at 07:30
    Hum, well you can try this.

Dragoner28 Defenders of Ardania Don't Panic! Dragoner28's solution for the Don't Panic! Achievement in Defenders of ArdaniaUnlock all achievements. (Secret)

Defenders of Ardania also has a bug where the "unlock all achievements" achievement will not unlock. That solution details a way to get it to unlock (I had to do it myself, actually). There's at least one other game with a similar problem that it works on (some sniper game I think?) so perhaps it will work for Arcania as well. You'd need a USB device to do it though, and it erases your save, so it would need to be done with a backup save. Assuming you can make a back up save and have a USB device, it's worth a try.
    Posted on 06 September 15 at 15:59, Edited on 06 September 15 at 16:00 by Kasper4000
    Thnxs for the info. I gave it a try a few times and it didn't seem to work. So hopefully my friend is able to get it his way, and if not then the Geek achievement is the unobtainable or unless there is some other way. Like yelling at Nordic Games to fix the god damn achievement!!!....lol
  • ViperDonzViperDonz897,411
    Posted on 07 February 16 at 11:26
    Did u guys do this with the complete tale version or by downloading the add on? Or does it not matter?
  • OneBgBdArtemisOneBgBdArtemis1,255,872
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 00:33
    Players beware!! TA WILL come after you and label you a cheater if you play this game.
    Eric M. Jordan
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,625,003
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 01:03
    So someone reported you, that means nothing. Of course they will investigate. Even if it is working, at the moment to say it shouldn't even be suspicious is absurd. If they come back and say "Nope, not accepting it, we're taking action on your account". Until then, it's standard procedure, and means nothing. Did you think that posting a video of something that likely has been tried numerous times to no success, whether legit or not, wouldn't cause you to be reported?

Calm down, and let things run their course before you throw a fit.

TA isn't coming after you, and to say anything even close to that is beyond silly. Someone has an achievement marked unobtainable, they're going to get reported eventually. The IT looks into it. I'd be upset if they didn't care enough to do so. Having a video isn't exactly undeniable proof when it's something that is hard to believe hasn't been widespread known as a way to unlock it after this long.

Am I saying you cheated? Nope, but you're getting upset that someone sees it more likely that someone cheated than mass amounts of people missed an easy, obvious solution for years. Why wouldn't they? Cheat or not, I can't believe you'd expect anything besides the current chain of events before this was accepted.
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 01:29
    I'm upset because immediately AFTER I obtained it, I submitted info to the TA team to look at it and reevaluate the ratio on it since it IS obtainable. That was last month. And a whole slew of threads and responses written as well. I resubmitted yet again in the last couple of days and NOW, it's not "we're looking into the matter", it's "we're investigating you for cheating". So you think it's absurd that I thought submitting as video wouldn't send someone all bat shit and accusatory huh? I think it's absurd to call into question what I CLEARLY showed and DEMONSTRATED without them even LOOKING at it FIRST!! I did this to help the whole great big expanse of 8k other players that have this game. NOT to be questioned by someone who hasn't taken the time to do it themselves NOR offer any help. Let me reiterate, again..IT CAN BE DONE. Point is, I am upset that the first time I submitted info on it, NOTHING was done. I'm upset because I was reported for cheating. And maybe, just maybe, so many masses of people missed it because they gave up and moved on to other games. Hell, I did. But one thing I don't like is uncompleted games that have two or three chievos left. So, I came back to it, got it, wrote how to do it, posted a VIDEO of how to do it to help OTHERS, and I'm here defending myself for the effort. You're goddamn right I'm upset. And if I were the other two who were UNtracked for doing the EXACT same thing, and I see that I myself am vindicated, I would exact a heavy price on those who labeled me a cheater.
    Eric M. Jordan
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 02:17
    Ok guys, here's the deal. I will, of my own accord, buy ANOTHER digital copy of this game for my profile that I use for trial games if I don't trust that they'll be any good. I'll set it on easy, I'll go through, collect ALL the recipes I can find, even the ones from Toshoo and mama hooka or whatever her name is, I'll first post a video "trying" to learn them in the main game, even though that's a waste of effort as there aren't enough due to coding, I'll then get to the dlc, import my character, go through it, as it's not too long, and once I have around 100 or so, I'll ONCE AGAIN set up my camera and video me learning the recipes and we'll count together, one at a time and see HOW MANY, NOT which ones, are learned and we'll see the chievo pop. I am then MAYBE, MAYBE, probably NOT though, going to go through on the hardest difficulty and see if I can get the Geek chievo to pop also. With supporting video of course. ALL ONLINE. I'll even video me buying it on the marketplace.
    Eric M. Jordan
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 14:24
    Seems I misspoke myself. I do apologize. I will NOT be paying $20.00 for this game as a digital version just to try and prove the attainability of some achievements. I bought it for this profile when it was $5. So, again, sorry, but, not gonna happen.
    Eric M. Jordan
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,625,003
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 14:50, Edited on 12 February 16 at 14:59 by Ahayzo
    You did something simple and obvious that's been considered impossible for several years. That's not a problem it's being questioned, it'd be a huge problem if it wasn't. Do you really not get this?

OneBgBdArtemis said:I think it's absurd to call into question what I CLEARLY showed and DEMONSTRATED without them even LOOKING at it FIRST!!You have the logical order of things mixed up. You look into it because it's being called into question. Someone said it looked suspicious, so the IT looks into it to see if it is. Any other order of things makes no sense. Anyone can, and have, faked a video of something. I could make a video showing that by pressing A+B at the same time on the menu I instantly unlock everything. A video is not undeniable proof. It's something you obviously take into account, but you don't make a decision based solely on it.

I did this to help the whole great big expanse of 8k other players that have this game. NOT to be questioned by someone who hasn't taken the time to do it themselves NOR offer any help.And people thank you for that, but that doesn't mean they just take your word and not investigate whether it's real or not.

Let me reiterate, again..IT CAN BE DONE. Point is, I am upset that the first time I submitted info on it, NOTHING was done.I don't get why this is so hard to get. Things take time with this sort of achievement, and have to be looked into. You didn't provide anything close to enough proof to warrant bypassing heavy workload into making absolutely sure it's right. This isn't a miserable flag, it's a flag that is valuable for determining cheated accounts, that's not a change to be taken lightly.

'm upset because I was reported for cheating.Why? Some random guy on the internet has the reasonable logic that surely such an obvious solution couldn't be missed for as long as it was, and they asked the IT to look into it. The IT didn't say you cheated, they were told you had suspicious activity and they have to look into it.

And maybe, just maybe, so many masses of people missed it because they gave up and moved on to other games. Hell, I did.Everyone gets that, but not even one person across numerous sites found it? Come on, do you seriously think that's going to be easy to convince people of?

But one thing I don't like is uncompleted games that have two or three chievos left. So, I came back to it, got it, wrote how to do it, posted a VIDEO of how to do it to help OTHERS, and I'm here defending myself for the effort. You're goddamn right I'm upset. And if I were the other two who were UNtracked for doing the EXACT same thing, and I see that I myself am vindicated, I would exact a heavy price on those who labeled me a cheater.You seem to have this idea that everyone should just inherently trust Random Internet Guy when he has a video (an extremely easily forged form of media) showing that something easily done has never been done without questioning or investigating its validity.
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 15:14
    No what I expect is an acknowledgement from the proper channels that they received my request to look into a flagged achievement. NOT to have to resubmit said request again and then be emailed that I am being investigated along with a link to their cheating policy.
    If YOU can't understand that, then there's no need for you to be here posting on this thread. How 'bout YOU go test it out yourself and HELP someone attain this instead of stating your belief in the ol' addage, guilty until proven innocent.
    As far as I can tell, you're just some random guy trolling forums. Probably one of the many who vote negative on a solution they don't even care about.
    Eric M. Jordan
  • Ultras500Ultras500926,020
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 15:33, Edited on 12 February 16 at 15:34 by Ultras500
    OneBgBdArtemis said:No what I expect is an acknowledgement from the proper channels that they received my request to look into a flagged achievement. NOT to have to resubmit said request again and then be emailed that I am being investigated along with a link to their cheating policy.
    If YOU can't understand that, then there's no need for you to be here posting on this thread. How 'bout YOU go test it out yourself and HELP someone attain this instead of stating your belief in the ol' addage, guilty until proven innocent.
    As far as I can tell, you're just some random guy trolling forums. Probably one of the many who vote negative on a solution they don't even care about.
    The minute you flag an achievement your request is acknowledged with the forum post but these things take time. I hope you can appreciate that with the sheer number of flag submissions they get as well as going through all One achievements to determine the Online flag that your submission wasn't looked at straight away. You didn't need to resubmit it.
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 15:35
    Not the point. A RESPONSE would have done wonders. A response OTHER than you're being investigated for possible cheating, the FIRST time I submitted it.
    Eric M. Jordan
  • Ultras500Ultras500926,020
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 15:47
    You got a response in the form of the automated forum submission. You can't seriously expect someone to give a personalised response for every flag, info and DLC submission that comes in!
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 15:52
    Nope, I seriously guess I expect too much. You are right. I should have minimal to no expectations. Thank you for setting me straight. I tremble at the higher intelligence of the don't ask questions mentality that is our cultural norm.
    I have been wrong to expect anything out of anyone for so long now that I am delusional in thinking it ever even used to happen. Wont happen again. I'll go get some meds and quietly accept what happens for time unending.
    Eric M. Jordan
  • JamPound32JamPound321,391,532
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 17:03, Edited on 12 February 16 at 17:03 by JamPound32
    OneBgBdArtemis said:I'm upset because I was reported for cheating.Just an fyi, as soon as someone unlocks an achievement flagged as unobtainable it is automatically brought to the investigation teams attention, nobody reported you.
  • Piston ToyotaPiston Toyota1,116,430
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 21:13
    Goodness, you certainly are a hostile, unreasonable person, aren't you? Do you honestly expect everyone on TA to just take your damn word for it that you didn't cheat? Really? If we did that then the whole damn site would be overrun with cheaters.

As has been previously mentioned, every single thing that has happened to you is %100 within the procedures of how TA operates. The moment TA scanned your account with an Achievement flagged as Unobtainable on it you were automatically earmarked for investigation. Does that make you a cheater? No, but of course TA looks into accounts that have earned Achievements that are thought to be Unobtainable, as that's an easy way to catch tons of cheaters.

As for your Info submission, I'm not sure what you want. The GI team is buried in submissions. Check out the Info Submission forum if you don't believe me. Submissions often take months to be looked at, so I don't see why yours should be treated any better than anyone else's.

You should consider ditching your combative attitude. It's not doing you any favours, and I guarantee it won't go over well with the Investigations Manager when they contact you about your report. Just some friendly advice.
    Posted on 12 February 16 at 22:11
    Hey there OneBgBdArtemis,

To ensure that TrueAchievements scores are kept accurate, we do not track achievements from users who have illegitimately-obtained achievements. The TrueAchievements Investigations Team has received a complaint regarding the legitimacy of your achievements, and created a report of their findings in your case.

Please note that creation of a report does not necessarily mean that your achievements aren’t legitimate, but we have a responsibility to investigate all complaints.

You now have an opportunity to respond to this report, which is in your best interest to do. If, after 7 days, you have not responded, the report will be acted upon without your response.

You can find the report here:

https://www.trueachievements.com/reportgamerresponse.aspx?inv...

You can read more on our Cheater Policy at Cheat Policy

Thank you,

You know what, it all would've been well and good, until the point where they invite me to read more on their Cheater Policy and Cheat policy
    Eric M. Jordan
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads