Game Discussion: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Edit: achievements not unlocking

• Panoramixx85Panoramixx85515,534
    Posted on 10 November 20 at 20:53, Edited on 10 November 20 at 22:47 by Panoramixx85
    I am at chapter 4 and I didn't unlock the prologue-related achievement: anyone else had this problem? How did you resolve?
    I'm playing on xbox one x

Update: I left norway and still 0 achievements unlocked...
    I also tried to start another game and I did the prologue again: nothing changed.
  • EvieLeafEvieLeaf1,474,292
    Posted on 10 November 20 at 23:31
    My progress suddenly stopped tracking today after I had already unlocked one achievement. This was on Series X.

This might be something to do with XBL being overloaded so maybe the achievements will catch up.
  • Posted on 11 November 20 at 06:10
    Mine unlocked the prologue achievement and then that was it. I tested by doing something I knew should unlock an achievement too, as I thought it was a bit weird to have progressed through the story a fair bit, and nothing. I’ve shut down the game and I’ll try loading up again in the morning to see if anything pops, as in the past I’ve had delays with achievements that’ve later popped randomly. Started an entirely new gamertag for the Series X release too and now it’s stuck on 10G after a good 7 hours playtime 😅
  • Posted on 11 November 20 at 09:12
    So far I only unlocked the achievement for leaving Norway but not the one for the Prologue.
    I also tried to replay the prologue but got no achievement.

By now I should at least have "Everday Life" unlocked because I definitely finished more than 10 world events but the tracking is still stuck at 20%.
  • SimmerjordSimmerjord176,039
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 12:02
    I started on lowest difficulty, could that be anything to do with it? I haven’t got any achievements either.
  • SimmerjordSimmerjord176,039
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 12:06
    I just increased the difficulty and started a new game and the prologue achievement unlocked so hopefully they will start popping now
  • EvieLeafEvieLeaf1,474,292
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 12:08
    Simmerjord said:
    I just increased the difficulty and started a new game and the prologue achievement unlocked so hopefully they will start popping now
    I started at the lowest difficulty and unlocked one achievement before the rest stopped unlocking/progressing. Seems like a bit of a red herring.
  • TuKraZeTuKraZe2,069,515
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 13:55
    I'm wondering whether this is an issue relating to the quick resume feature the xbox now has. I have been flicking through different game testing the graphics etc and gone back to this via 'Quick Resume' and wondering if this is the issue. I remember there being an issue on the other Xbox's where achievements wouldn't pop if you turned of the console into its low power state, then tried to continue with the game after turning it back on. The game for some reason always needed to be closed off entirely after shutting the console down in order to prevent this scenario from happening. Worth trying to find out if this is the issue if anyone can shed any light on this.
    Want a custom Gamerpic or Logo? Hit me up for further details.
  • Posted on 11 November 20 at 14:09, Edited on 11 November 20 at 14:18 by x ViridianVixen
    I always shut down my games and then my console entirely anyway. It looks like I have achievements progressing but they’re definitely not right as one says I’ve only done 9 world events and I’ve done all of them in the first area, which is 14 or so, I think. I’m just going to see if the one pops for me leaving Norway in hope it just bugged out a bit in the middle and has sorted itself 😩

UPDATE: Just got the achievement for 10 world events. I had the one for the prologue, so it seems something in the middle broke from me. Hoping there are no more issues now but we shall see when I leave for England soon, I guess.
  • ItsGhostiiieItsGhostiiie566,531
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 15:57
    Having the same issues, the only achievement I've unlocked so far is the one for completing the prologue

I hoped that hard resetting the Series X would start the achievement tracking again, but it hasn't =(
    Alex Daedric
  • RoymondoooRoymondooo216,583
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 16:13
    Same issue here too, I'm on Chapter 4 now and still only have The Prologue achievement, I havent played on any easy difficulties either. Really not sure what the problem is, hopefully they all catch up 🤞🏻
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 16:17
    I've just tried switching all difficulties to default to see if that does anything as I had certain difficulties on different ones I.e. one on medium, one on hard. Maybe that's what it is, but it's most likely just an overload of players on the Series X etc.
  • LeGagnanLeGagnan492,863
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 17:49
    No achievements unlocking for me. Playing in hard difficulty on OG xone.
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 18:11
    I just left Norway and I revcieved the Achievement. It must just be inbetween the Prologue and leaving Norway that is a bit buggy like someone said previously. Hopefully they will sort it out and the achievements we are due pop up.
  • MDoe18MDoe18161,382
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 21:29
    Roymondooo said:
    I just left Norway and I revcieved the Achievement. It must just be inbetween the Prologue and leaving Norway that is a bit buggy like someone said previously. Hopefully they will sort it out and the achievements we are due pop up.
    I’m in the main game and the achievement for completing a raid in England and a secret hasn’t popped for me as of yet.

Hopefully this sorts itself out soon...
  • Unforgiven78Unforgiven78449,113
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 22:39, Edited on 11 November 20 at 22:40 by Unforgiven78
    Same here. Achievements did not unlock. The two that did finally, popped with 2 days delay. Still waiting for others. Started playing on Xbox One X and now on Series X (issue on both). Seems to be a general problem. Very annoying...
  • MDoe18MDoe18161,382
    Posted on 11 November 20 at 23:22
    Unforgiven78 said:
    Same here. Achievements did not unlock. The two that did finally, popped with 2 days delay. Still waiting for others. Started playing on Xbox One X and now on Series X (issue on both). Seems to be a general problem. Very annoying...
    Hopefully it’s just the Xbox servers running on a delay then.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285867,377
    Posted on 12 November 20 at 09:42
    Did this ever resolve itself for anyone? I'm playing on the Forza Xbone and everything is unlocking when and as it should. Hopefully software side and not hardware. Xbox can't afford to take an L on this consoles launch.
  • Y2CraY2Cra711,120
    Posted on 12 November 20 at 11:48
    I've had zero achievements unlock for me so far, still in Norway but achievements in other games have been unlocking fine so I dunno what's going on. Hope it's not a wait for a patch job *sigh*
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads